Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thalaridevika40
Frequent Visitor

Pro to Premium capacity options greyed out

Hi All,

One of my workspace license setting is in premium capacity, unfortunatly i change the setting to pro.

While trying to revert the setting from pro to premium capacity in powerbi service,the options are grade out.

Can someone let me know how to change the settings in the Power BI service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Only a capacity or tenant admin can put that workspace back into Premium.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Only a capacity or tenant admin can put that workspace back into Premium.

mohitkumawat
Super User
Super User

Hi @thalaridevika40 ,

As far as I am aware, Power BI workspace is back to a premium capacity from Pro. Unfortunately, directly downgrading a workspace license from Premium to Pro isn't currently possible within Power BI service.

Recreate the Workspace in Premium: consider recreating your workspace in a premium capacity. This involves:

• Downloading the .pbix files for your reports and dataflows from the Pro workspace.
  • Creating a new workspace within a premium capacity (requires a Premium  license for the workspace admin).
  • Uploading the .pbix files and republishing your reports and dataflows in the new workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors