Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheCreepster1
Helper II
Helper II

Pro User consuming Premium content

Morning,

General question, and if the answer is yes, maybe an explanation as to how, as I can't figure it out! I have a premium per user license and have published a pbix file to a premium workspace I have created. Others in my business have a pro license, are they able to access any datasets/reports/apps I create in this workspace on a read only basis, or do they also need a PPU license?

Many thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

All the users would need PPU who need to consume the report from PPU workspace

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Morning Dan,

Pro licence users cannot access items on a PPU workspace, only other PPU licence holders can.

To quote the Microsoft Documentation...

"Users must have a Premium Per User (PPU) license to access content in a Premium Per User (PPU) workspace or app. This requirement includes scenarios where users are accessing the content through the XMLA endpoint, Analyze in Excel, Composite Models, and so on. You can grant access to users to the workspace who don’t have a PPU license, but they will receive a message stating they cannot access the content. They'll then be prompted to get trial license, if they are eligible. If they aren’t eligible, they must be assigned a license by their Admin to gain access to the resource."

Hope this helps

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, managed to find that within the docs just before you posted, was coming back to say I'd managed to find it. Puts my plan out the window, though! 

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

All the users would need PPU who need to consume the report from PPU workspace

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors