Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

admbinp
Frequent Visitor

Premium Per User

Hi, 

My case is my company has 4 accounts.

- We uses 1 account to create reports and publish it on Power BI Service (not the admin account)

- 3 other accounts to view the reports on Power BI Service. 

We were using Power BI Pro license, but our PBIX files' size exceed 1 GB. We want to publish these files on Power BI Service for 3 view accounts. So in our case, what can we do to be able to publish over 1 GB file on Power BI Service? 

We've tried to buy Premium Per User for the creator account above (we didn't buy Premium Per User for the admin account). Still we cannot publish this file. Any ideas what we need to do to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Are you publishing your report in a Premium per User Workspace? it is suposed to cover until 100gb data model. It should work in that scenario. However I haven't tested yet :S

Before the creation of that license. The best work around to scale in data model size was paying for Azure Analysis Service. That service will allow you to expand the size of the model and you can live connect your Power Bi to analysis services to continue the visualizations designs.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
admbinp
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply, I've updated my Workspace to Premium Workspace so it works now. 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @admbinp 

Pbix file needs to be published to the service by the account who has the PPU License.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Are you publishing your report in a Premium per User Workspace? it is suposed to cover until 100gb data model. It should work in that scenario. However I haven't tested yet :S

Before the creation of that license. The best work around to scale in data model size was paying for Azure Analysis Service. That service will allow you to expand the size of the model and you can live connect your Power Bi to analysis services to continue the visualizations designs.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Yes, we were having the same issues.  Took me a while to find the part in the document online where you have to turn the PPU part on for the workspace either by editing one (if you have admin rights) or by creating a new one (if you have admin rights)  I found your post and went and researched this a little more.  About halfway down through this article is the End User Experience and the information is contained there.  So I just reached out to my admin and am having him click it over to the PPU workspace on my end.  It's funny, I didn't remember seeing this in the article before, so I wonder if they updated it recently.  

PPU FAQ 

Better living through better data and there's always a bigger fish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors