Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sfbind2
Frequent Visitor

Premium App and Workspace Disappeared but not Deleted

One of my organization's premium workspace and app content pkg has disappeared this morning. Only 5 had admin permissions to delete and none are aware of how this happened. We have now run an audit log from the admin portal and no such deletions have been detected. We are at a loss for what happened and if it can be restored. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sfbind2
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response. We have just the Premium and I am an admin and the workspace wasn't even showing in the admin portal as deleted, which was the oddest part. Luckily I thought of another possibility and we discovered what happened. Someone who shouldn't have been an owner on our Team associated with the workspace caused it to disapear by deleting the group FROM TEAMS! Once I realized that I was abe to have IT run an audit log and restore the team, and therefore restore the workspace. I am a bit shocked that this was possible because he isn't an admin on the workspace. There is definitely a flaw in the way these permissions work but we have at least resolved the issue and removed him as an owner of the group.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sfbind2
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response. We have just the Premium and I am an admin and the workspace wasn't even showing in the admin portal as deleted, which was the oddest part. Luckily I thought of another possibility and we discovered what happened. Someone who shouldn't have been an owner on our Team associated with the workspace caused it to disapear by deleting the group FROM TEAMS! Once I realized that I was abe to have IT run an audit log and restore the team, and therefore restore the workspace. I am a bit shocked that this was possible because he isn't an admin on the workspace. There is definitely a flaw in the way these permissions work but we have at least resolved the issue and removed him as an owner of the group.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @sfbind2 

Which premium capacity are you using, premium per user or premium per capacity?

Do you remember the name of the workspace? If you are a admin, it is recommended to check the status of the  workspace in the admin portal first. Maybe you just have no permission to access it temporarily.

Related thread:

Workspace-disappeared 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors