Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shansliu
Employee
Employee

Powerbi refresh issue with DMTS_OAuthTokenRefreshFailedError

Hi,

My powerbi dashboard works before July and then it showed refresh errors after that. I have tried to refresh in Powerbi desktop version, and it works fine. Could I get some help here? Or should I open a support ticket for it? I could not find how to open a ticket in "Power platform admin center". Could I get some help if that's not the right location to open a support ticket.

Any suggestions or hints for solutions are really appreciated!

Here are the error:

TextTelemetryDashboard has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

{"error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthTokenRefreshFailedError","pbi.error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthTokenRefreshFailedError","parameters":{"ConnectionDetails":"{\"kind\":\"Kusto\",\"path\":\"Kusto\"}","CredentialType":"OAuth2","DatasourceType":"Extension"},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AADSTS700082: The refresh token has expired due to inactivity. The token was issued on 2022-07-19T14:08:20.4450331Z and was inactive for 90.00:00:00.\r\nTrace ID: ebddd746-ef0c-4f7e-9621-43b8a55d0200\r\nCorrelation ID: 0783b748-da76-4852-80f1-fe7795f7f4c3\r\nTimestamp: 2022-10-25 14:02:16Z"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AADSTS700082: The refresh token has expired due to inactivity. The token was issued on 2022-07-19T14:08:20.4450331Z and was inactive for 90.00:00:00.\r\nTrace ID: ebddd746-ef0c-4f7e-9621-43b8a55d0200\r\nCorrelation ID: 0783b748-da76-4852-80f1-fe7795f7f4c3\r\nTimestamp: 2022-10-25 14:02:16Z"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2146233088"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Font Download.

Next refresh for TextTelemetryDashboard is scheduled for October 25, 2022 21:00 UTC.

Best regards,

Shanshan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Doublecheck that credentials for your data sources have not expired in the dataset's refresh settings.

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Doublecheck that credentials for your data sources have not expired in the dataset's refresh settings.

1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

This fixed my issue which was similar. Was not obvious to me that that could be the issue or where to update credentials. Simply going to the semantic model, Settings, Data source credentials, and logging in again. Thank you!

Hey @otravers ,
Even after updating my credentials i'm getting the same issue in my usage metrics report. 
Is there any other way?

Thank you.

Hi ostravers,

Updating "Data source credentials" resolved my issue.

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I just updated my "Data source credentials" in the refresh settings and I will provide an update here whether the issue is resolved or not very soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors