Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kaylastarr
Advocate V
Advocate V

PowerBi Scorecard Metrics not automatically updating

Hello!

I have PowerBI scorecards that are connected to reports I have built. The reports update every hour and historically the scorecards have matched. Only 1 "Check-in" a day but the data would always match the report. 

Starting on 3/7 the scorecards are no longer updating but the reports are. I noticed and manually pushed through updates by using the "Refresh" button on the connections page for every goal.

However, this is not a sustainable solution as there are ~30 goals (5 for each person). Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kaylastarr ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
backflash
Helper II
Helper II

yes, me too. I have some automations based on the metric values and if the metrics are not updated, all my automations run on totally wrong (old) data.
I am thinking of switching the whole scorecard stuff off, because it is not reliable!

mramaekers

I still experience this issue.
My scorecare is connected to two reports.
When I refresh and publish the two reports, some metrics are updated and other not.
Also the work-around of connections buton refresh doesn't work always, because refresh button is grayed out.
Any updates on this issue ?

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kaylastarr ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

I am still facing this issue. What is the resolution for this?

The issue still exist - my ScoreCards are not refreshng according to the linked report updates. I have over 200 scorecards to track and it is very annoing and time consuming to edit each score card manuallly. When we can expect this problem solution?

Any update on this issue?

I have Targets that should be updated daily based on a connection to a Power BI report.

It appears the Current values gets updated, but not the Target.

Hi @jpanzeca ,

The original issue has been fixed, your problem seems not a common issue now, if it persist, I suggest you create a support ticket for help.

Community Support Team_yanjiang

same Problem here: my metrics values are not updated - I even updated my connection and manuellay refreshed my underlying dataset.

it seems to be the error egain that we had some time ago.

I can no longer trust my scorecard metrics values - I use it as a manager dashboard and the mgmt does not trust it anymore.

any ideas?

Hi, I am facing similar issues and Score Cards takes very long to do a refresh. Has this been resolved?

tazlop
Regular Visitor

We're having this issue too. We can navigate to an individual scorecard and manually refresh (Edit --> Connection --> Refresh) but it does not do this automatically since Monday 13th. Does anyone have any other fix as that workaround doesn't scale for the 100s of metrics we are tracking using this feature.

We are also seeing other issues, for example:

Screenshot 2023-03-15 110054.png

I am seeing this on a number of my metrics as well.  Check-ins which appear to have taken place in the future.  Definitely odd.

ndrogo

Hi All I am also having this issue since 3/8/23.  Has anyone found a solution?   

MattBossert
Helper II
Helper II

I'm having this same issue with some of my scorecards / metrics.  Seems like there must be a larger PBI scorecard issue at play here.

@kaylastarr - I have noticed this issue is only impacting my metrics which have no sub-metrics.  My scorecard where each of my metrics have sub-metrics does not have this issue.  But another scorecard where none of my metrics have sub-metrics does have this issue.  Do your impacted metrics have sub-metrics?

@MattBossert @Zinck 

Here is the link to my issue request. Upvoting and commenting on it may help give our issue traction. 

Scorecard Metrics not Staying Up to Date - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thanks

Done

I have two seperate scorecards connected to two seperate reports that are both affected. 1 has sub metrics and 1 doesn't. Seems like its not connected to submetric or not but it does seem to only be affecting some scorecards. I did submit, a question on the Support, Issues thread but it hasn't been posted yet. I will share the thread here once it goes live.

I have two seperate scorecards connected to two seperate reports that are both affected. 1 has sub metrics and 1 doesn't. Seems like its not connected to submetric or not but it does seem to only be affecting some scorecards. I did submit, a question on the Support, Issues thread but it hasn't been posted yet. I will share the thread here once it goes live.

Zinck
Frequent Visitor

@kaylastarr I too have this problem, and also haven't changed anything and all other reports is updating fine.

Adamboer
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It sounds like your automatic data refresh for the scorecards may have been disabled or disconnected. Here are a few things you can check:

1. Make sure the data sources for the scorecards are set to refresh automatically. You can check this by going to the "Data sources" tab in Power BI and selecting the data source for the scorecards. Under "Scheduled refresh", make sure "Keep your data up to date" is toggled on and the refresh frequency is set to a desired interval.

2. Check the gateway connection for the data source. If your data source requires an on-premise gateway, make sure the gateway is running and properly configured.

3. Verify that the credentials for the data source are still valid. If the credentials have expired or changed, you may need to update them to allow for automatic data refresh.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to reach out to Power BI support for further assistance.

Typical chatGPT answer, nice try.

There is an open ticket issue about this problem.

Everybody with the same problem can vote:

Issue scorecards not updating 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors