Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jfransman
Frequent Visitor

PowerBi Premium Per Capacity Trail

We have one workspace that we run in Power BI Premium Per user.  We want to use this premium workspace in Log Anaytics. We ran a trail for Powerbi Premium Per Capacity and our free users could view the premium workspace. The trail has ended, but the option for premium per capacity  is still active under the workspace settings. Our consultant says that it is probably because of the 1TB that we have available under Data Verse. I need someone to explain this to me. Does it mean that we can utilize this workspace in PowerBi premium Per Capacity until it reaches 1TB? The work space

jfransman_0-1674462642927.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I may be wrong but I don't think this has anything to do with dataverse storage.

I think it's simply that you currently have workspaces assigned to a capacity which has expired. Rather and unallocating everything it's giving you a chance to renew the capacity. If you wish to switch to Premium per User or Pro instead of the premium capacity you need to reallocate the workspaces in the workspace setting page or via workspaces in the tennant settings.

I would imagine if they've not already stopped working they will do.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

It certainly looks like you still have a premium capacity rather than premium per user.

If you go into the tennant settings what is showing on this screen (specifically in the CAPACITY SKU column):

bcdobbs_0-1674473483519.png

Ben Dobbs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thanks this is what I am seeing

jfransman_0-1674481383488.png

I may be wrong but I don't think this has anything to do with dataverse storage.

I think it's simply that you currently have workspaces assigned to a capacity which has expired. Rather and unallocating everything it's giving you a chance to renew the capacity. If you wish to switch to Premium per User or Pro instead of the premium capacity you need to reallocate the workspaces in the workspace setting page or via workspaces in the tennant settings.

I would imagine if they've not already stopped working they will do.

Ben Dobbs

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors