Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Krunalbpatel
Helper III
Helper III

PowerBI report refresh issue when use sharepoint online list

i have created report from sharepoint online list it's working properly but when i update list data and refresh the report it shows me following error.

Something went wrong.

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Processing errorThe 'FirstUniqueAncestorSecurableObject' column does not exist in the rowset.
Cluster URIWABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Krunalbpatel

Would you please share about how you connect to SharePoint Online here?

Regarding refresh, if you have already published the report to Power BI Service, could you please share about how you configured the Refresh settings, especially for the Gateway and the Data source Credentials?

If possible, please take a try to connect to another SharePoint Online List, then publish it again, after that, verify to see if issue insists.

The error message told that 'FirstUniqueAncestorSecurableObject' column does not exist in the rowset, which I suspect the permission hierarchy set on the SharePoint online list might be changed. Please verify it, or contact the SharePoint Online admin.

In addition, we may also take use of Fiddler and see if we could have any further helpful information from the HTTP trace. Once captured, please consider upload it into OneDrive, then post the shared link here, we will help to take a further look.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Krunalbpatel

Would you please share about how you connect to SharePoint Online here?

Regarding refresh, if you have already published the report to Power BI Service, could you please share about how you configured the Refresh settings, especially for the Gateway and the Data source Credentials?

If possible, please take a try to connect to another SharePoint Online List, then publish it again, after that, verify to see if issue insists.

The error message told that 'FirstUniqueAncestorSecurableObject' column does not exist in the rowset, which I suspect the permission hierarchy set on the SharePoint online list might be changed. Please verify it, or contact the SharePoint Online admin.

In addition, we may also take use of Fiddler and see if we could have any further helpful information from the HTTP trace. Once captured, please consider upload it into OneDrive, then post the shared link here, we will help to take a further look.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors