Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

SebKaliVith
Regular Visitor

PowerBI offer for 10K users

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project of data visualization for my firm.

Here is my situation :

I created a report with PowerBI Desktop.

My report must be visualized by about 10K users of my organisation, but i will be the only one who work directly on the report. (the 10K users will only visualize the report).

Noone of my target have a PowerBI account.

I want the report to be accessible and optimised for a mobile-phone.

I understood that all my users-target need to have an account PRO to visualize the report.

Or, i can buy a PREMIUM subscription, and all my organization can access to the report i created.

But, for these two cases, the cost of the solution is just prohibitive (more than 8000€/month).

Is my understanding of the PowerBI offer correct ?

Is there a cheaper way to solve my issue ? (1 creator of report - 10K users visualize the report)

Thanks all for your help.

Faithfully,

Sébastien BRIGNOLI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @SebKaliVith

You are indeed correct that either they would all need a Pro License, or you would have to go with Power BI Premium. Especially if you want them to view it on their mobile devices.

As well as I am sure that this data would be refreshed via the On-Premise Gateway.

When looking at the pricing what you could do, is to start with a P1 node. Which is half the cost of the estimated calculator, as shown below.

Email Pic (1).png

You could then monitor the usage and see how it goes. It will depend on how the users interact with the data, as well as how well the data model is designed to see if the hardware allocated is sufficient.

There are ways to look at this in the Power BI Admin portal.

As well as if the requirement is needed to upgrade this can be done now with a 1 click scale up or scale down.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-service-and-mobile-september-feature-summary/#inst...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @SebKaliVith

You are indeed correct that either they would all need a Pro License, or you would have to go with Power BI Premium. Especially if you want them to view it on their mobile devices.

As well as I am sure that this data would be refreshed via the On-Premise Gateway.

When looking at the pricing what you could do, is to start with a P1 node. Which is half the cost of the estimated calculator, as shown below.

Email Pic (1).png

You could then monitor the usage and see how it goes. It will depend on how the users interact with the data, as well as how well the data model is designed to see if the hardware allocated is sufficient.

There are ways to look at this in the Power BI Admin portal.

As well as if the requirement is needed to upgrade this can be done now with a 1 click scale up or scale down.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-service-and-mobile-september-feature-summary/#inst...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors