Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yrraggy
Employee
Employee

PowerBI dataset refresh error

Im getting a PowerBI refresh error on PowerBI website. Majority of the PowerBI has this error and it is an error that i never encountered before.

Underlying error code: -2147467259 Underlying error message: The import List.ConformToPageReader matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference? DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259 Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: Expression.Error Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net Activity ID: 43fb3ee1-463b-4f8c-995d-d7b95086b757 Request ID: cb435964-a8ff-434e-9efe-76220aaf3090 Time: 2020-11-10 18:31:15Z

May i know if there is an existing bug on the Powerbi website?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
anujgup
Employee
Employee

Error can be resolved by installing latest version of gateway.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Danilo_Castillo
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone, im currently having the same problem with only one dataset, with the other datasets that use the same gateway there is no problem and I have already updated to the latest version, does anyone have any other solution?

this is the error:

URI de clúster: WABI-PAAS-1-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Identificador de actividad: feb9afc2-5a4c-4bd4-a2a3-2a687ed9d9e8
Identificador de la solicitud: 85e54b7e-88ab-2be7-d895-c1f143017adc
Hora: 2022-11-25 22:34:03Z

Anonymous
Not applicable

Installing latest version of Gateway solved this issue for me.

TLM
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, but my database and gateway are remote... I downloaded the app On-premises data gateway, but I'm afraid to put my database down.

Any ideas? Should I go for it and update my gateway from my computer? 

naivecalf
Helper III
Helper III

for me it is worked after I updated gateway to latest version.

perjoh
Regular Visitor

This started at Black Week at our location which is the wrong time to stop working. We haven't afaik been notified by Microsoft to update GW. Bad practice, it's problably not even a real error.

George_3029
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, for us it started from the 19th of November. I will get infrastructure to update the gateway as per suggestion and see how we go. I still like to know what trigger this behaviour. I don't recall seeing any notification from Microsoft.

George_3029_0-1606338012800.png

Midsummer
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Power BI Team please advise when this issue will be resolved. This is really frustrating 

raydoneaan

I Had the same Problem. I resolved the problem by updating the getway to get the last verison.

sudarshan_n
Regular Visitor

We just updated the Gateway. That seems to have resolved the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Installing the latest gateway resolved the issue for us.

sbg94
Employee
Employee

hi @skis We just intsall latest version of gateway on our machine and issue got resloved. 

UNSWG-Data

Installing the latest version of the Gateway resolved the issue for our reports.

It is extremely disappointing that my customers suffered this sudden interruption.  The terse response from Microsoft provided a fix (thank you) but no information on why this happened, or if it is likely to happen again.

Is Microsoft saying that our Power BI reports are vulnerable to this kind of failure each month?  It seems every time a new Gateway is released, the old one may stop working at any time? 

sudarshan_n
Regular Visitor

Please refer to this doc: https://msft.it/6018pJkDY, to download new root certificates and add them to System/Computer Trusted Root Certificate Authorities store on the gateway machines. This is a recent workaround, shared by our team, that's related to gateway issues: https://msft.it/6011pJkDW. I got this document from powerbi tweet account after i posted my question to them. 

Hopefully this helps

MarkFinn
Frequent Visitor

Another amateur hour style unannounced "break everything with completely incomprehensible gibberish of an error message" update to PowerBI by MS.

How am I supposed to defend this sort of cockup against the folks pushing to ditch PowerBI in favour of Tableaux and whatever that google data studio thing is?
And do I really want to?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the exact issue today and we solved it by installing latest version of gateway

daveggw
Frequent Visitor

Underlying error code:	-2147467259
Underlying error message:	The import List.ConformToPageReader matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:	-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:	Expression.Error
Cluster URI:	WABI-UK-SOUTH-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I'm having the same issue on all of my data sets since 21/11/2020. I have updated the on-premise gateway to the latest version but this has not resolved the issue. I've also re-published my dataset. It refreshed locally from Power BI desktop but errors when trying to refresh when published to the service. It fails on both manual and scheduled refreshes. My dataset and reports did not change. I also observe that my Power BI gateway is reporting that there is a later version. However, I have already installed the latest version. If I try to install the latest version again i get this error You are trying to reinstall a version already installed on the machine. If you would like to proceed, please uninstall the current version and reinitiate the install. Which would indicate that I'm already running the latest version. Has anyone else seen this and is there a solution? I don't really want to uninstall the gateway and perform a fresh install as I will likely need to re-create all of my DB connections on the gateway.

"However, I have already installed the latest version. If I try to install the latest version again i get this error You are trying to reinstall a version already installed on the machine. If you would like to proceed, please uninstall the current version and reinitiate the install."

I hit that problem some time back. It came from installing the gateway twice, with different admin users, in different locations.
In the end we had to uninstall all copies, clean up the config and reinstall a single copy with stern warnings to all users to not do that again.

I also have this problem. It is strange that old files start to present such a problem, I reinstalled the gateway, deleted it from online and published it again without success. I also didn't use the List.Conform function in Power Query. 

NB - We have two Gateways on different on premise sites. I have only upgraded one so far as I do not have Admin rights on the other one.  Although there are no datasets that work accross multiple gateways, could the issue be that all gateways need to be upgraded to the latest version? Has anyone experienced this and could it be why the gateway that I've updated still reports it needs an upgrade even though it's already on the latest version?

To close off on this I can confirm that now all gateways are up to the latest version I'm back up and runnng. Scheduled refreshes and source connections needed to be re-instated on each dataset

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors