Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sjayakrishna
Employee
Employee

PowerBI auto-refresh inconsistently failing to refresh Kusto based query datasets

Hello

My team owns a Power BI report with several queries connecting to Kusto datasets. We have configured Auto-Refresh every couple of hours and have started to notice that the auto refresh has started to fail inconsistently over the last few weeks.
Most of the times the failure stack trace consists of the below stack trace.
Error: <ccon>Query execution has resulted in error (0x80DA0006): Query is expired. [0]Kusto.Data.Exceptions.KustoDataStreamException: Query execution has resulted in error (0x80DA0006): Query is expired

Can I please get some help in investigating this and fixing it?
It says the refresh failing is a transient issue but it's been failing lot more times to rule it out as a transient issue

Thanks

Sanjana

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sjayakrishna 

I would suggest try the new version of PBI Desktop?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What happens when you run the Kusto query in Azure does it still work?

If that works, what happens if you then refresh it manually in PBI Desktop?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hey @GilbertQ 

When I run the query from Azure data explorer, it works. When I refresh it manually thru PBI Desktop it works most of the times, but there have been times when I get the same Query is expired stack trace. But it works in the subsequent retries.

Following up @GilbertQ ..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors