Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bds00
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Service shows filtered data from the slicer

Hi all,

I came across a weird error the last time I tried to upload a report from my test environment to Production. It happened that the filters are showing the data I filtered out for testing purposes (that too on my desktop version). I tried and re-tried re-publishing the report from test->production but the scenario did not change. I saw this error only on production and not on my dev and test environment. I could not delete and update since there are already customers using the link for a long time now.

I cleared the cache, restarted my system, and tried, but nothing worked. I edited the slicers directly on service, even that did not work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @bds00 

The issue with the filters in your report not showing the correct data after publishing to production. This could be caused by a number of factors, such as incorrect filter settings or caching issues.

One possible solution is to try clearing the cache in your browser and refreshing the report to see if that resolves the issue. Another option is to check the filter settings in your report to ensure that they are configured correctly and that the correct data is being filtered out.

If neither of these solutions work, you may need to investigate further to determine the root cause of the issue. This could involve checking the data source and verifying that the correct data is being pulled in, or checking the report settings to ensure that they are configured correctly.

It's also worth noting that if you are unable to delete and update the report due to customers using the link, you may need to consider creating a new report with the correct filter settings and directing customers to the new report.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @bds00 

The issue with the filters in your report not showing the correct data after publishing to production. This could be caused by a number of factors, such as incorrect filter settings or caching issues.

One possible solution is to try clearing the cache in your browser and refreshing the report to see if that resolves the issue. Another option is to check the filter settings in your report to ensure that they are configured correctly and that the correct data is being filtered out.

If neither of these solutions work, you may need to investigate further to determine the root cause of the issue. This could involve checking the data source and verifying that the correct data is being pulled in, or checking the report settings to ensure that they are configured correctly.

It's also worth noting that if you are unable to delete and update the report due to customers using the link, you may need to consider creating a new report with the correct filter settings and directing customers to the new report.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors