Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Service integrate with other tools

Hi Team,

Control access to PBI in line with roles as approved in thirparty tool is it possible to integrate? if yes please advise how to do that.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Not very clear what you mean by control access. If you want to limit the data that users can see in the report, you can use Row-level Security(RLS).  If you want to control different user with different permissions in the workspaces, you can assign roles it in service. Roles in the new workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vjaneygmsft_0-1636965173468.png

Since your needs are not clear, it seems that there is no matching third-party tools. Can you explain more clearly?

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm not sure if it's quite what you are looking for but the XMLA endpoint functionality gives integration from Power BI Datasets to a wide range of other third party tools.

You can find out more here: Announcing the general availability of read/write XMLA endpoints in Power BI Premium | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Hope this helps

Stuart 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors