Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tsam
Frequent Visitor

Power automate and PowerBI premium user plan to export PDF files

Hi Team,

I have to export PowerBI files to PDF format using Power Automate. Currently, I have PowerBI Pro license which is not allowing me to automate the PDF export. I have planned to purchase PowerBI premium per user plan to integrate with Power automate as i cant afford PowerBI premium capacity.  Please let me know if anyone has tried this and was/is successful in exporting PDF using PowerBI premium per user license.

It will be of great help if you share your ideas.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tsam ,

Currently the Power Automate 'Export To File for Power BI Report' functionality is only available to Premium license holders, not to users that are on the Premium Per User license .

If you want to export and email a Power BI report with Power Automate.  At least one workspace in your Power BI tenant backed by a reserved capacity. This capacity can be any of the A1/EM1 - A6/P3 SKUs.

You may vote the idea and comment there  to improve Power BI. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Tsam 

For PDF export using Power Automate + Power BI Pro, see https://medium.com/bi-helper/burst-your-power-bi-reports-838ab593f7bc

You can export without Power Automate too, with filter and slicer values applied. See https://medium.com/bi-helper/burst-your-power-bi-reports-838ab593f7bc

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tsam ,

Currently the Power Automate 'Export To File for Power BI Report' functionality is only available to Premium license holders, not to users that are on the Premium Per User license .

If you want to export and email a Power BI report with Power Automate.  At least one workspace in your Power BI tenant backed by a reserved capacity. This capacity can be any of the A1/EM1 - A6/P3 SKUs.

You may vote the idea and comment there  to improve Power BI. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors