Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

JCA
Frequent Visitor

Power KPI Matrix 3.1.1 link to another part of same report

HI All, I have developed a balanced scorecard using the Power KPI Matrix visual.

The visual works well however I have over 100KPIS and a end user will want to drill from Say a KPI around finance to the start of the financial reporting (or part of said reporting) 

Yes the user can select the menu and click on the correct page but I would prefer something slicker like a drill-through style page change (it wouldnt need to carry filters just move to the correct page)

I did play with bookmark URLS and add that as the Hyperlink Field in the visualisation. This would work for internal customers, but the actual product is being used externally as a SaaS-style deployment via POWER BI Embedded.

As I cant seem to be able to dill-through from the Power KPI grid and putting anything outside of the grid would be impratical due to the complexity of it. Is there another solution?

Thanks

JC 

1 REPLY 1
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JCA ,

Based on the information you have provided, given the limitations you have mentioned, including the impracticality of using external elements due to the complexity of the grid, and the need for a solution that works with Power BI Embedded, here are some suggestions:

1. While you have mentioned that drill downs may not carry filters in the desired manner, having dedicated drill down pages for each major KPI category would still provide a more seamless navigation experience. The "Back" button feature in Power BI can then be used to allow users to easily navigate back to the main KPI matrix. See more details:
    Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  2. Another approach is to create a custom navigation experience in reports using buttons and bookmarks. While this requires some setup, it can be very flexible and tailored to your specific needs. Please review the guide on this feature:
    Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  3. Since the solution is deployed through Power BI Embedded, make sure that any navigation solutions implemented are supported in the embedded environment.Power BI Embedded supports most Power BI Desktop features, including bookmarks and drill-downs. For detailed information you can refer to:
    Power BI embedded analytics overview - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors