Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmanwaring
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power Bi services does not work now with RLS

Hi all

i have updated RLS with my dashboard which i upload via a connection to one drive. I understand the users who view this need a pro licence and have been upgraded, they have 10gb available which is all i can see that say they use pro.

the problem is the dashboard does not display any data with RLS on, works ok without RLS

here is the error in details

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Http Status Code401

Activity IDef753658-979e-4301-8eb9-c1e43c3cfcc4

Correlation ID0a87e174-990d-21fb-2469-27cf4b5f6eb4

Request ID14cf42d6-464a-69b3-88e9-8d4d36d8bd22

TimeFri Aug 05 2016 14:40:14 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time)

Version13.0.1500.566

Cluster URIhtxxs://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

any help really appreciated thank you

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mmanwaring,

Yes . You will need to create role for these users. Alternatively, you can create group and add these users into this group or publish content pack for them. This way, users will be able to view the report and you don't need to create role for them.

For more details about how to share dashboards and reports in different ways, please check the following article.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-how-should-i-share-my-dashboard/ 

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mmanwaring,

Based on my test, if I don’t add one of my colleague to the role, he will get the error message you mentioned when viewing the report that I share with him.
81A2AB7A.png

I would recommend you check that if you have added the user as a member to the role you created(as shown in the following screenshot), and test the role by selecting the ellipse (...) next to the role in Power BI Service to check if it works as expected.
Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia

These particulr users do not have a role within the RLS, would you recommend that i create a role that does not do anything and add them?

thanks

Mike

Hi @mmanwaring,

Yes . You will need to create role for these users. Alternatively, you can create group and add these users into this group or publish content pack for them. This way, users will be able to view the report and you don't need to create role for them.

For more details about how to share dashboards and reports in different ways, please check the following article.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-how-should-i-share-my-dashboard/ 

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors