Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi Premium : Share reports outside organization to users with free licence

Hi Everybody,

I would lile to know if :

• With Power Bi Premium per capacity licence , EM type, I can share my reports, in capacity workspace,  to external (outside organization) users without Power Bi licence (free) ?
  • With Power Bi Premium per capacity licence , P type, I can share my reports, in capacity workspace, to external (outside organization) users without Power Bi licence (free) ?

I do not see the difference between these 2 types of licenses on the functionalities (except the RAM, CPU ...)

Thanks a lot for your help ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jayw-msft ,

Sorry but on your link we cannot see the response of my question.

I have business support on phone on the solution is the following :

• SKU EM is for share to free user outside your organization using Sharepoint or teams to publish your Power Bi report
  • SKU P is for share to free user outside your organization using previously and the Power Bi service ! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may take a look at What is the difference between the A SKUs in Azure and the EM SKUs in Office 365?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jayw-msft ,

Sorry but on your link we cannot see the response of my question.

I have business support on phone on the solution is the following :

• SKU EM is for share to free user outside your organization using Sharepoint or teams to publish your Power Bi report
  • SKU P is for share to free user outside your organization using previously and the Power Bi service ! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't speak to the EM license but my org has a P license and we can share with users outside the organization and it doesn't require them to have a Pro license.

Is there something special you have to do for that? My org also has a premium license and I have created a report in a Premium by Capacity workspace, but when users with free license try to view it, it prompts them to upgrade to Pro?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Thanks !

But I would also like to know about EM, because P licence are very expensive ! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors