Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi Premium : Share reports outside organization to users with free licence

Hi Everybody,

I would lile to know if :

• With Power Bi Premium per capacity licence , EM type, I can share my reports, in capacity workspace,  to external (outside organization) users without Power Bi licence (free) ?
  • With Power Bi Premium per capacity licence , P type, I can share my reports, in capacity workspace, to external (outside organization) users without Power Bi licence (free) ?

I do not see the difference between these 2 types of licenses on the functionalities (except the RAM, CPU ...)

Thanks a lot for your help ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jayw-msft ,

Sorry but on your link we cannot see the response of my question.

I have business support on phone on the solution is the following :

• SKU EM is for share to free user outside your organization using Sharepoint or teams to publish your Power Bi report
  • SKU P is for share to free user outside your organization using previously and the Power Bi service ! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may take a look at What is the difference between the A SKUs in Azure and the EM SKUs in Office 365?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jayw-msft ,

Sorry but on your link we cannot see the response of my question.

I have business support on phone on the solution is the following :

• SKU EM is for share to free user outside your organization using Sharepoint or teams to publish your Power Bi report
  • SKU P is for share to free user outside your organization using previously and the Power Bi service ! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't speak to the EM license but my org has a P license and we can share with users outside the organization and it doesn't require them to have a Pro license.

Is there something special you have to do for that? My org also has a premium license and I have created a report in a Premium by Capacity workspace, but when users with free license try to view it, it prompts them to upgrade to Pro?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Thanks !

But I would also like to know about EM, because P licence are very expensive ! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors