Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ai_samurai

Power BI to SmartSheet

Hello, 

I'm trying to access Smartsheet from my Power BI Pro trial using the online app, but the instructions on the Internet are not pointing me in the right direction and wondering if you can help 🙂

I want to get data/statistics from within a Smartsheet about various project plans and overall metrics.  I'm told by one article that I need to create a new report in Power BI, then click "Get Data", but I don't see this option at the bottom of my nav bar.  Another article says to use "Power Query Editor", but I can't find this button either.  

What I do see after clicking "Create Report" is "Pick a Published Data Set", but this only shows me the SmartSheet information that is coming from the SmartSheet App I installed, which only shows limited metrics about users, but I want to get into other metrics within SmartSheet generally and within specific Project Plans and documents that have been created, for example:

• How many projects are outstanding
  • Which users were directly involved in each Project Plan
  • How many workspaces have been created
  • How many closed projects  
  • How many risks per project plan
  • How many risks have been closed per project plan
  • How many decisions are open in the decidion logs created for each project 

I would be very grateful for any guidance on the process to obtain this info.  

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors