Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

malcolmwunOW
Frequent Visitor

Power BI subscription Stops whenever Windows password is reset

Hi PBI Community, 

Background: I have in excess of 20 Subscription across multiple workspace

Issue: Whenever I reset my Windows Password (mandatory in my company every 3 months), my subscription is switched off

The ASK: How DO I ensure all my subsriptions are not affected by Windows Password reset

thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

You might try setting up (or asking your IT department to set up) a service account with no password expiration. Then give that account access to the data source and use that account in data source settings inside Power BI service. 

this does not solve the issue. Reason: I have ALL users in my organisation calling me to explain why their SUBSCRIPTION failed. It is Company policy to renew Windows password every several months.

Some users had set 15 subscriptions at different day & time to review different areas of our organisation. When subscription failed, his week was wasted.. 

Please help with solution quick..  

Any updates?

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @malcolmwunOW , 

Is the password expiration affecting the data refresh, or just the subscriptions?

i use virtual machine to refresh. At this stage i only know it is affecting subscription 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors