Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ostrich160
Frequent Visitor

Power BI sharing down?

I dont seem to be able to share any dashboards (I testing with a completely empty dashboard as well, which didnt work). When I enter anyones email, I click send, it looks to work, but the email never sends, and when I go onto the shared with tab, it shows I havent shared it with anyone. Is this just me?

9 REPLIES 9
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

It seems to be hit and miss for me as far as sharing goes. It worked with a new share to someone I never shared with before but did not work with an "old friend."

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi kcantor, can you clarify your "old friend" scenario?

chrichua
Employee
Employee

There was a service incident that the product team was working hard to resolve. This should be resolved in the latest service update. Please let me know if you are still seeing issues.

ostrich160
Frequent Visitor

Sadly it looks like the issue is still there

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@ostrich160 It seems there are some issues going on with dashbaord sharing as also mentioned in thread here & here. So for now, I tested & even I saw that once after sharing the dashbaord, status was automatically changed to "Can View" even though link was not accessed/clicked from email sent and surprisingly I was able to view as well Smiley Indifferent

thanks for this thread... I am new to this... and sharing worked a week ago... and now it does not.... and I thought I was going insane

each share effort for me is different... sometimes the email goes... but the email link does not work for the user... the direct link does not work... and sometimes the 'who shared with' will show the user has not clicked the link

but mostly, the share does nothing... no email... and the collegue not listed as 'shared with'

but...  when you have lemons....   so I am off to make one of these 'services' to see if that is a better way anyway... to share

Well, at least I learned about making organizational content packs.  That works well.  But the cost of $10 a user per month is not worth it in a small organisation... just to share.

I am flabbergasted such a simple bug is not addressed.  And I worry when I only see a small number of comments/contributors.  Is it possible this bug only affects a sliver of users?

Last share I did worked.... email sent... and then link worked.

And....  THIS time the 'successfully shared' message took a few seconds to come up.  When it was not working, it would pop up immediately.

So... working...  hooray

Alexis
Frequent Visitor

I think it's if you share with someone you have previously shared with whose email comes up in the autofill. If you send it to someone who you have not previously shared any dashboard with it seems to work.

Not very helpful!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors