Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MichielJansen
Frequent Visitor

Power BI service data not visible anymore after (auto)refresh - Desktop works (get data from folder)

Hi all,

I have a dashboard with auto-refresh in service that has a lot of data missing.

When downloading the PBIX file from Service I see the same limited dataset (so it's not linked to any filter in the dashboard). Queries that are linked to single (Excel/csv) files are visible, queries that are linked to 'get data from folder' seem to be missing (which is 90% of the report).  When I manually refresh the PBIX file in Desktop I get the full data set.

I tried to re-publish the data (incl. unpublishing the app), which works fine until the next refresh.

There is no gateway as all source files are located on a Sharepoint. Data source credentials are correctly entered and the data refresh shows no errors. 

Any thoughts/ideas how to fix this?

Regards,

Michiel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If you have a Pro license I would recommend you raise a ticket with Microsoft directly. The link is at the bottom of https://supportpowerbi.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MichielJansen 

Have you found a solution to this problem now?

According to your description, the queries that are linked to 'get data from folder' seem to be missing in your dataset when your dashboard is auto-refreshed, I suggest you to go to the setting->dataset to update the credential to the SharePoint folder and use “Oath2” to log in your account.

v-robertq-msft_0-1612861133218.png

v-robertq-msft_1-1612861133222.png

If you still have a problem, you can shrare some detailed information of your dataset and refresh configuration so that we can help you in advance.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Robert,

Thx for your suggestion - I already had the OAuth2 setup. In the meantime I've been in touch with Microsoft following a ticket that I created as suggested by @lbendlin . When reviewing the issue with the support desk the refresh worked again 🤔. So the issue is fixed and fortunately could not reproduce again. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If you have a Pro license I would recommend you raise a ticket with Microsoft directly. The link is at the bottom of https://supportpowerbi.com

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What are the caching settings on your tenant and in your dataset?

lbendlin_0-1612571748200.png

Caching settings for Desktop - is default. For tenant I assume it's the default settings as the dataset is not running on Premium capacity. See print screens below. I had the auto-refresh successfully running till Jan 18th, disabled it for 2 weeks and re-enabled it again on Feb 5th without making any changes in the meantime.

MichielJansen_0-1612611324982.png

MichielJansen_1-1612611400918.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors