Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AndresEsteban
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI scheduled update issues

I am having problems scheduling automatic updates in Power Bi. The source of my data is an Azure Database for PostgreSQL table and, until now, I have had no problems scheduling updates, but now it won't let me do it. When in Power BI Service I go to Data source credentials I get a message that the connection with the data source could not be tested, so I try to re-enter the credentials and I get the following error:

The data source credentials could not be updated: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT:

Does anyone know why this is happening and how it could be solved?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndresEsteban ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

------------

update: The issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndresEsteban ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

------------

update: The issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

So, is it an internal problem? I'm telling you, it's very strange because just last week everything was working normally and I was able to schedule updates...

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AndresEsteban 

Maybe this can help you understand how to connect to postgresql

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/postgresql

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

First of all, thank you for your response. The fact is that I don't have any gateway configured since I am using PostgreSQL Database for Azure so they are natively integrated and no configuration is needed...

sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @AndresEsteban ,

do you already use a gateway?

If yes, you can install required driver for your database on it and connect to your data via gateway.

maybe an acceptable solution for you.

regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors