Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhalsne

Power BI reports/charts stopped working in Sharepoint.

Hello, for the last several months we have had one user who has Power BI Pro, who was gathering and organizing data. He would then publish a report/graphs to our Sharepoint home page. He updated this about once a day, and it has worked flawlessly. Now, a week ago, we added another report for tracking some information entered into a Microsoft Forms on the Sharepoint site, and he would then update a graph based on that data. Again that has worked the last serveral days. All veiewers have the basic Power BI Free license, and have never had an issue utilizing the graphs/reports as displayed.

Now last night, both reports/graphs have stopped working, and are prompting users to upgrade their licensing. I have done some digging into this, and the only thing I can find is that to publish reports that free users can see, the user generating them needs ot have a premium license. I am not against upgrading him, but I am confused as to why these reports have been working without issue for the last several months, and now have started asking to upgrade our licensing.

Any guidence or direction would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @bhalsne 

As far as I know the licensing for using SharePoint with Power BI reports has always been that the report consumers would also need a Power BI Pro license. Maybe this was a bug from the Power BI team.

Here are the details below: Integrate Power BI reports in SharePoint Online | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Also if your reports are in a Premium Capacity workspace then it should work with Power BI Free license.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors