Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

press2pbi

Power BI licensing

Hello everyone!

Please clarify the intricacies of Power BI licensing.

As a company, we want to show to some of our clients their work results through Power BI reports. Can we create accounts with Pro licenses for them within our organization, which they can use to view the reports? Or should they have their own Microsoft accounts? The focus is solely on making it easier for our clients to use Power BI reports without spending their time and efforts on maintaining a Power BI account. We have about 10-15 clients who needs that, so there is no opportunity to buy Premium Capacity

Does Microsoft ok with that?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
skygold16
Helper I
Helper I

I suggest to explore b2b sharing optoin. You can add guest user account to your Active Directory. 

you can refer the link here: Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you!
Need to research, but it seems to be a solution 👍
But client has to have their own Microsoft account anyway or no? And we can just add them as external user

Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I have seen so many organizations follow the model where they maintain the accounts/licenses for their customers so I don't think it is an issue. However, it is a good practice to reach out to your Microsoft account representative for any/all license related questions. Each organization is different and your Account representative will guide you through the process; this would also ensure you are not being out of compliance with Microsoft licensing.

Thank you for reply
Makes sense, but need to be investigated a bit more from my side

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors