Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lilySixteen
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI license

Hello,

I have a Power BI Pro license and want to share my power BI reports with other users who have Power BI (free) License in my company. However, they are unable to view the report after I shared it with them. The error message shows they need a license. Since they are only viewing the report not editing or doing anything else, why do they still need a license or is there a type of free Power BI license that we need to assign to them?

Thanks,

Lili

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Option 1 - To share report with Free users you would need Premium Workspace

Option 2 - All users has to have Power BI pro or Premium Per User

Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Option 1 - To share report with Free users you would need Premium Workspace

Option 2 - All users has to have Power BI pro or Premium Per User

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

I work at an organization. Is Pro license enough if I want to share it within my organization (no build just view and filter)?

What does the Premium license cost for organizations?

You user will require also require Power BI Pro to consume the data or your workspace should be backed by Premium Capacity

If you have less than 500 employee and not using premium featurs then go for Pro liacens for each user

Premium capacity start from $4995/Month, you can contatc sales representative assigned to your organization or contatc your O365 Admin team they will do it for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors