Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

low_risk

Power BI deployment pipelines deployed duplicated & corrupted copy of pbix reports

In the company that I work for, there are 3 workspaces (Dev, QA and Prod) in the Power BI Service and also 2 deployment pipelines setup and running between the 3 workspaces.

After I made some changes to an existing Power BI report, I published the report (a pbix file with the dataset) from desktop to the Dev workspace. Then, I tried to deploy the report with its dataset using the pipeline between Dev to QA, but the pipeline deployed an extra copy of pbix and dataset instead of writing over the existing version in QA. However, the newer version is corrupted. Hence, I had to delete both the old and the new version of the reports to ensure that there is no corruption in any of the reports. Then, I just published the report directly into the QA workspace instead of using the pipeline. This happens to both pipelines (between Dev to QA and QA to Prod). This problem happens when I try to use the pipeline every time. Any idea or help is appreciated. Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @low_risk ,

When you published the report from desktop to the Dev workspace and tried to deploy it using the pipeline to QA, an extra copy of the pbix and dataset was deployed instead of overwriting the existing version in QA. This issue happens every time you try to use the pipeline.

• One possible workaround is to save the report before publishing it from desktop to Dev workspace. This will ensure that the report is saved with the latest version and will prevent the pipeline from deploying an extra copy of the report and dataset.
  • Another possible solution is to check if there are any issues with the pipeline configuration or if there are any conflicts with the existing reports and datasets in the QA workspace. You can also try to publish the report directly to the QA workspace instead of using the pipeline.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @low_risk ,

When you published the report from desktop to the Dev workspace and tried to deploy it using the pipeline to QA, an extra copy of the pbix and dataset was deployed instead of overwriting the existing version in QA. This issue happens every time you try to use the pipeline.

• One possible workaround is to save the report before publishing it from desktop to Dev workspace. This will ensure that the report is saved with the latest version and will prevent the pipeline from deploying an extra copy of the report and dataset.
  • Another possible solution is to check if there are any issues with the pipeline configuration or if there are any conflicts with the existing reports and datasets in the QA workspace. You can also try to publish the report directly to the QA workspace instead of using the pipeline.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors