Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DzianisZmushka
Frequent Visitor

Power BI and Power Apps integration (licenses)

Good day,
I'm working with reports in Power BI, and I have PowerApps visual as one of them. This PowerApps visual will be an input form for Power BI web report guests. Therefore I want to create one app in PowerApps, the application will be developed only by me, but it will be used by Power BI report guests to fill out the input form as a PowerApps visual. Information from input form will be sent to SQL Server. These users have Premium license in Power BI, but they don't have any licenses in PowerApps.

Will it be enough to buy one license "Per app plan" (10$ per month) only for one user (for me) in PowerApps to fulfill my above-mentioned goals? Am I correct in understanding that all Power BI reports guests don't need to buy any licenses in PowerApps to fill out the entry form in PowerApps visual of Power BI report?

thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DzianisZmushka ,

What you said is right.Connector for SQL SERVER premium  need     power apps per app or power apps   per user.Either of the two is sufficient.Please review this article about licenses to share and view PowerApps.

On Power BI side, both dashboard/report owner and the users you share dashboard/report with should have Power BI pro license.

refer:

About Power Apps per app plans
Licensing question - Power BI and Power Apps
Licensing Needed to Embed Power BI in Power Apps Title Control

Power Apps and Power Automate licensing FAQ

Regards,

Lucien

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Khaf88

Hello All,
I just wanted to confirm what was the actual required license in that case as I am having the same exact issue.
Do i need 1 license for PowerApps or multiple licenses as per end users number?

Thanks,

Vikbaba1512

What about the end Users? We have user who will use PowerApp as well as view PowerBI report also?

Which licenses required for end users? Our app is going to connect with PowerBI visual only using PowerBI Integration (I believe it uses Direct Query), then all of our user required Power Bi Premium and PowerApp per user or per app plan

We also have "PowerApp for Office 365" as part of our Office 365 E3 licenses, will that suffice atlease PowerApps licenses?

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DzianisZmushka ,

What you said is right.Connector for SQL SERVER premium  need     power apps per app or power apps   per user.Either of the two is sufficient.Please review this article about licenses to share and view PowerApps.

On Power BI side, both dashboard/report owner and the users you share dashboard/report with should have Power BI pro license.

refer:

About Power Apps per app plans
Licensing question - Power BI and Power Apps
Licensing Needed to Embed Power BI in Power Apps Title Control

Power Apps and Power Automate licensing FAQ

Regards,

Lucien

In this question, I want to know the total cost of the subscription. If I want to share an app with 300 users (not developers, they are users in Power BI report), do I have to pay $ 10 per month or $ 3000? Could the price be lower if I use cloud instead of a SQL server?

Hi @DzianisZmushka ,

You have to pay $ 10 per month    instead of  $ 3000.

As far as I know, it can't get any cheaper.

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors