Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JonathanDtz
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Subscriptions - Sender Name and Bcc Recipients

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around the internet for any documentation about this but I haven't found anything at all.

Is it possible to change the service's default sender address/name ? Like instead of showing "Microsoft Power BI <no-reply-powerbi@microsoft.com>" , being able name it something more in line to my org ? 

And also, we don't want people replying on the email (even though it's a 'no-reply' address, users still do from time to time) to everybody on the recepient list. For this, an option to bcc senders on the subscription would be usefull. 

Has anyone figured out a way to make this two things happen?   

cheers !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

Not on the first. It is actually coming from Microsoft.

As to the second, can you block the reply alls in your server settings? If not, you'd need to create a subscription for users individually, which is a pain.

Or (and this is a CRAZY idea) users could go to the service and look at reports there. 🤣 (I am personally not a subscription fan, but I understand some users just want that email!)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User
Super User

Not on the first. It is actually coming from Microsoft.

As to the second, can you block the reply alls in your server settings? If not, you'd need to create a subscription for users individually, which is a pain.

Or (and this is a CRAZY idea) users could go to the service and look at reports there. 🤣 (I am personally not a subscription fan, but I understand some users just want that email!)

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Hey Edhans,

Yeah I figured since it's actually coming from Microsoft , there wouldn't be a way to change that. There should be some branding options though.  I appreciate the ideas for dealing with the reply thing, but none would work for us unfortunately.  I know this is an available option on other Microsoft tools though, so I hope they'll introduce it on PBI sometime in the future.

We're doing email subscriptions for tabular reports, since we have those run at certain times a day and they're expecting updates on the operations side. 

Thanks again!

Cool. I've marked my answer as the solution to mark this thread as solved, even though the answer isn't what you wanted. 😁

I too agree the branding thing would be nice to have.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors