Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

SDream7
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI - Subscribe to Report Feature

Hello,

I want to use the "Subscribe to Report" feature inside of the Power BI Service to set up a recurring automated email, containing a pdf attachment of a given dashboard (all pages of the dashboard included), to be sent to all my end users.

All of my endusers, including myself have the Power BI Pro license.

I noticed that when I attempt to use the PDF feature, I received a message that said "Upgrade to Power BI Premium to attach the Report".

Does this mean that only I need a Premium license or do all of my end users need this license to receive the full PDF copy of the entire (all pages) dashboard?

Also, which Premium License is required? Is it Power Bi Premium Per User (PPPU) or Power BI Embedded?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-06-27 154311.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SDream7 

For your scenario, you would need either Power BI Premium Per User (PPU) or Power BI Premium (capacity-based). The choice between PPU and capacity-based Premium depends on the scale of your deployment and specific needs. If you're looking for the ability to receive PDF attachments via email subscriptions, Power BI Premium Per User (PPU) is enough.

The requirement for a Premium license applies to the workspace where the report is hosted, not to each individual recipient of the email. Therefore, only the workspace needs to be in a Premium capacity for you to utilize this feature.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SDream7 

For your scenario, you would need either Power BI Premium Per User (PPU) or Power BI Premium (capacity-based). The choice between PPU and capacity-based Premium depends on the scale of your deployment and specific needs. If you're looking for the ability to receive PDF attachments via email subscriptions, Power BI Premium Per User (PPU) is enough.

The requirement for a Premium license applies to the workspace where the report is hosted, not to each individual recipient of the email. Therefore, only the workspace needs to be in a Premium capacity for you to utilize this feature.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.