Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

StuartLeigh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Service Workspace UI Change - hard to use

Hi, Has anyone else had an update to the Service Workspace UI?

There is now:

-no colour to seperate different objects

-No tab for Content and All Objects

-The filter for Objects does not save so when you go into a report and then back into the workspace you are given a massive colourless list of objects again, and have filter through a drop down everytime

Any idea how to reverse this? Its taking a lot of time to find what im looking for each time

StuartLeigh_0-1681380837839.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have raised an Idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=19dadecb-0ada-ed11-9139-0003ff450ec5

Please upvote to have a better UX from the black and white text list we have now been forced on us

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
pschwenk
Frequent Visitor

Agree.  Doesn't look good.  Makes it harder to use.  Loosing filters.  Strange that it changed back for 2 days but now it back to that new awful look.  I hope they put it back soon!

JoshPBI
Regular Visitor

I personally don't love the changes to exclude colours and to have to filter on the type. However, the bigger problem to me is that, as the Power BI manager within my organisation, I now have a different view to all/most of my internal customers. Please give us the option to rollback this change individually. 

@JoshPBI 

There are a lot of changes coming in future. Make sure to join the https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-digital-event-may-24-25/

I'm sure Product team hear this feedback and work on it accordingly.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904
andyor
Resolver I
Resolver I

How any serious person could have thought this was a UI improvement is really baffling. Can't tell what's what anymore

JGroothedde
Advocate II
Advocate II

This update is absolute bonkers. What a nightmare to work in the workspaces now. I can't imagine how the hell this got through UAT. What insane pool of users are they having to test this? Obviously i'll vote for the idea to return to the old UX but this is bad. 

Yondice
Advocate I
Advocate I

I don't like the new update either. Before, you could immediately tell if an object in a workspace was a report/dataset/dashboard based on the colored logo. Now it all looks exactly the same.

And removing the custom app logos from the list of apps is also making it harder to find what I'm looking for.

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yikes, it hasn't hit us yet.

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @StuartLeigh and @mcgilla 

You can submit an idea for the same. But the update for now rolls out globally. Unless the product team gets enough vote I doubt it will be changed soon.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

Whats the best way to submit something to get this changed back then? As this is not user friendly what-so-ever. Alot of my users struggle with technology the best of times and this is going to switch them off of being a data driven company if they cannot find anything easily enough

Hi @StuartLeigh 

You can submit an idea https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

I have raised an Idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=19dadecb-0ada-ed11-9139-0003ff450ec5

Please upvote to have a better UX from the black and white text list we have now been forced on us

Hi @AnkitKukreja,

Is there any official post from Microsoft where they announce the update?
I have searched in the summaries for the March 2023 and April 2023 updates, but could not find information about it.
It will be helpful if you can share the official communication from Microsoft if you are ware of it. Thanks 🙂
//Katerina

Hi @KAATA 

Pls have a look at this.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-experience-changes

Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

And the filters on the page are all volatile so you are stuck with the clunky layout, folks, what are you doing

its an absolute nightmare, it's all plain text and everything is indistinguishable from eachother, how did this get through UAT let alone someone thinking it was a good idea

mcgilla
Advocate III
Advocate III

Just had the update, its awful. Where are the colours. Im getting lots of emails today as the original browser bookmark now has all the other dashboards/datasets/reports in it.  I dont like somebody else having control over the layout and updates to this.  The service should be full customisable by the tenant

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors