Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samgreene1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI Service Report - dataset using wrong gateway connection despite mapping.

Hi,

I have a report that works in desktop in direct query mode.  After publishing to our premium dev workspace it produced this error.  I deleted the report and republished and configured the gateway connection to use the proper one and that fixed it.  Now I've promoted to test and am getting the same error but cannot fix the issue.  It seems the report is using the wrong gateway connection.  We have several connections for the same server that use different sql credentials.   It seems that by default it maps to the first one, then I have to reconfigire to pick the proper one.  After doing that I traced the sql server and it is submitting queries using 'user1' credentials/gateway connection, when I have mapped the user2 creds. 

servername-user1

servername-user2

How can I resolve this? 

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samgreene1
Resolver I
Resolver I

The error resolved itself.  The message was - can't display visual, try later.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
samgreene1
Resolver I
Resolver I

The error resolved itself.  The message was - can't display visual, try later.

Hi @samgreene1

I'm glad to hear that your issue was solved.
As a side note, you can choose basic authentication method and use different user's credentials.

vxulinmstf_0-1624943187958.png

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors