Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FabienLhonneur
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Service - Embed Feature - Auto log in

Hello,

I've tried the new Embed feature on the Power BI service. It works well and it's very easy to use.

However I have one question about this feature and Power BI service in general : is it possible to log in using url, JS or another thing?

My use case would be as follows : We would like to integrate a Power BI Report in an ERP and then provide reports automatically filtered on the client (for example).

We don't want the user to be forced to log in, but to log him in automatically in order to keep the user experience as high as possible and use Power BI as a transparent reporting tool.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@FabienLhonneur,

I'm afraid auto login for clients may not be supported currently. What's more, it's not secured and not recommended. For example, you should create a "credential manager" separately and push the credentails based on their IP address. In addtion, if you really don't want clients login, you can simply use "publish to web" though it's also unsecured and can be viewed by general public while power bi embeded is based on azure service which can be secured by azure.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuta-msft 

I would like to know also. It is not possible to auto login with the secure embed option?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@FabienLhonneur,

I'm afraid auto login for clients may not be supported currently. What's more, it's not secured and not recommended. For example, you should create a "credential manager" separately and push the credentails based on their IP address. In addtion, if you really don't want clients login, you can simply use "publish to web" though it's also unsecured and can be viewed by general public while power bi embeded is based on azure service which can be secured by azure.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft,

Thank you for your answer, do you think this auto-login "feature" may appear in the future? 

I'm aware that this could contravene the economical strategy behind Power BI, but you never know!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors