Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ddcjoee
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Service Can Connect to One SSO Salesforce but not another

Hello,

I am experiencing a weird issue with the Power BI Service. I have a report that connects to two instances of Salesforce. Both are behind the same OKTA SSO. Both versions are able to connect via Power BI Desktop, but once I publish the report to the Power BI Service, I get the following error message when trying to refresh the dataset:

Last refresh failed: 5/1/2023, 3:51:19 PM
Scheduled refresh has been disabled.Hide details

Data source error:Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:b96f3717-7c04-4613-86f7-33d95bdc4afb
Request ID:a67b5cd0-e976-d63d-01f0-1e6bf832fe97
Time:

2023-05-01 19:51:19Z

I was able to pinpoint that one of the Salesforce connections is at fault. When I go to "Manage connections and gateways" one of the Salesforce connections is in an "offline" status.

ddcjoee_0-1682970763999.png

When I go to edit the connection's settings, there is no option to select an authentication method or proceed establishing the connection.

ddcjoee_1-1682970795957.png

I tried establishing a connection to Power Apps just to see if I could get that going, and it worked.

ddcjoee_2-1682970831619.png

I also checked in my other instance of Salesforce, and Power Query refresh is connected there, but not listed as a connection in the problematic Salesforce instance.

ddcjoee_3-1682970933935.png

Is it possible that this other instance of Salesforce is blocking Power Query Refresh as a connection? 

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ddcjoee 

What happens if you try and connect one sales force connector does this work?

If it works when one is connected it might be that you can only connect one at a time in a single PBI report?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors