Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rrhascall
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Report Builder - Authentication issue

Hi all,

I was attemping to publish a report from Report Builder to the Service and getting a vague error message:

rrhascall_0-1647284247698.png

When I click on See what is allowed, it says I'm using an outdated Windows version which is not the case.  I am able to publish fine to the Service from the Desktop.  I have a Pro license.  Does this mean I need to have a Premium license to publish?

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rrhascall ,

I test publish to service by using Report Builder,and it did not have a problem.And I found an exact same diagram online, but when using Tableau, it happens, you can refer to it and make relevant adjustments to your own environment with reference to the solution.

refer: https://kb.tableau.com/articles/issue/error-we-re-sorry-access-is-not-allowed-because-you-have-out-o... 

Does the workspace need to be set to premium capacity?

About  paginated reports(when we use  Report Builder,the report created is paginated reports),refer requirement:

• You don't need any license to download Power BI Report Builder from the Microsoft Download Center for free.
  • You need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license to publish a report to the service.
  • You can publish and share paginated reports in your My Workspace or in other workspaces, as long as the workspace is in a Power BI Premium capacity and you have write access to the workspace.
  • In a Premium Gen1 capacity, a Power BI admin needs to enable paginated reports in the Premium capacities section of the Power BI admin portal. In a Premium Gen2 capacity, paginated reports are enabled automatically.

To learn more details ,refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-report-builder-power-b... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

rrhascall
Helper II
Helper II

Also...

Can someone please explain to me what I would need to publish reports from Report Builder to the Service?  I've reviewed various websites but it is still very confusing where the Premium per user license is required.  It sounds like users can access paginated reports with just a pro license but  premium is needed to publish.  Does the workspace need to be set to premium capacity?  Thank you!

Thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors