Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI - Refresh now problem

Hello.
I have a problem with refreshing my data, I have Data Gateway ( personal mode ) installed on my computer, but after logging in and closing the application I have to log in again.

gate.png

Even with the application running I get the following error. What could be the cause of this ? I did a network port test and all were successful from G0 to G23.

Processing error: Your data gateway (personal mode) is offline or could not be reached. Ensure the gateway computer is on and you are logged on to it during the scheduled refresh period.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 0d296d78-c737-4757-a35e-5b7b8bb6936f
Request ID: 52b6e101-b195-645e-05a4-fc8c684b5813
Time: 2022-06-07 10:09:05Z

Regards Piotr.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi.
I did what you suggested, but it did not solve the problem. I think the reason why I can't update the data is because the data is local disk and not in sharepoint. And until if, the computer is not online then I cannot update this report. Because at this point the report shows me that I do not have permission to connect to the database.

Last refresh failed: Fri Jun 10 2022 10:32:54 GMT+0200 (czas środkowoeuropejski letni)
Scheduled refresh has been disabled.Hide details

Data source error:Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:d933cd48-e4f8-4b43-8076-a5fa2fed60cd
Request ID:401dc36b-3216-34cd-464d-882fdaf1b60d
Time:2022-06-10 08:32:54Z

Data source credentials

Failed to test the connection to your data source. Please retry your credentials.Learn moreAbsorption 100+_COMMUNICATION ACTION PLAN.xlsx Edit credentialsShow in lineage viewAbsorption 100+_COMMUNICATION ACTION PLAN.xlsx Edit credentialsShow in lineage view
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @piotrgrendus87 ,

After you close the application and log back in, go back to Power BI Services>>Manage Gateway>>Check status.

vhenrykmstf_0-1654848096271.png

If that doesn't fix it, try downloadthe latest version of the gateway and install it on the server to test again.

Download On-premises data gateway (personal mode) from Official Microsoft Download Center

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors