Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DennisRosenbaum

Power BI Pro is purchased but it isn't activated

I have purchased Power BI Pro about a year ago. This worked very well, but I haven't used it very much since, although the invoices have been paid.

After probably a month, I noticed that Power BI Pro wasn't activated and it still isn't. Now it says I get a free trial, but I want to get the Power BI Pro activated as I pay for this service. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DennisRosenbaum

I have finaly found the solution. The license has been added to my Microsoft 365 account, but strangly it was decoupled from my own account. So to connect it again, it had to be added from the Office Portal (portal.office.com) and all is well now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DennisRosenbaum

I have finaly found the solution. The license has been added to my Microsoft 365 account, but strangly it was decoupled from my own account. So to connect it again, it had to be added from the Office Portal (portal.office.com) and all is well now.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @DennisRosenbaum ,

On your userid, you may need to "Sign Out" and come back in.  And, be sure to look at the license type above the "Start Trial" to see if you are licensed.

collinq_0-1667407325773.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Tried that, but unfortunately that didn't work.

It still says 'free account'

DennisRosenbaum_1-1667459751919.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors