Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

niroberts
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Pro - how to tell?

We purchased Power BI pro licenses.  I asked my O365 admin to enable them for me and my team.

How can I tell if I am actually using the Pro license?  

Thanks,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
runtim
Frequent Visitor

Check your storage size by clickking the gear (Settings) in the upper right hand corner.  If you have the Pro license you should have 10 GB to use.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked this way - Click on settings on the top right corner of the screen. Then click on 'Manage personal storage'. This should come up with your name, personal strorage allowance, and also tell you if you are a pro user.  

Hello @ItIs_Me@v-diye-msft 

Thank you for your reply. I'm a pro user. Please find attached a snapshot for the Pro user.

Is there another way this can be solved. There are no RLS, I'm the owner of the dataset. Also, the option for share used to be there before, but it just disappeared. Attached is the second image of another pro user, and you will be able to see the share option in that. I used to have it before, but it just disappeared.

Thank you,

#.

Image showing that I'M a Power Bi Pro user.Image showing that I'M a Power Bi Pro user.Capture1.PNGThis is my Power BI. The arrow points where The option was before it just disappeared.This is my Power BI. The arrow points where The option was before it just disappeared..

runtim
Frequent Visitor

Check your storage size by clickking the gear (Settings) in the upper right hand corner.  If you have the Pro license you should have 10 GB to use.

Hi @runtim , that does'nt seem to be a correct answer. Even for Trail version it will show as "should have 10 GB" to use.

The way to check can be : my workspace -- > Settings Gear Icon -- > Manage Personal Storage  . If you are a pro user , then beside your user account name you will see "Pro user" written . Else if its trail , it says "Pro Trial user".

This is my observation , but someone from microsoft powerbi team can put stamp to this information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vivek_jain, Thanks you made my day.

You have given the proper answer that how to check if user has Power BI Pro license or not.

Is there any way in Power BI Desktop to tell the license of the currently logged in account? 

/Fredrik

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors