Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lmhinson
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Premium Per Capacity Sharing Options

Hi there. Hoping someone can help explain more about the Premium Per Capacity license and how sharing reports would work - either inside or outside of the organization.

I just watched a video that said premium per capacity allows for sharing with an "unlimited" amount of in-org or external users. Is this true? I understand that users of the report would not need paid licenses, but are the sharing limitations also lifted?

If my organization were to purchase premium per capacity license and build a report for another organization, would we be able to share that report with hundreds of users from that external organization? Would they all still have to be added into our Active Directory? Would dynamic row-level security based on email address still work (meaning would they still need to sign in to Power BI to view)? RLS by role is required in this case. 

Lots of questions, so appreciate any help. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @lmhinson ,

It depends on how the sharing is implemented and what capacity you have.

Check out the articles below for more information:

https://azureops.org/articles/power-bi-access-to-external-users/#:~:text=Power%20BI%20App%20level,th...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors