Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GregaR
Regular Visitor

Power BI Gateway unable to connect to Sharepoint 2016 either with OData or Sharepoint list

Hi all,

In PBI desktop I manage to connect to Sharepoint 2016 source either by OData or Sharepoint list.

Then I publish the report and I want to have a scheduled refresh with the use of data gateway (personal).

If I use Sharepoint list I have - Anonymous, Windows without impersonation or OAuth2 but none of them works.

If I use OData to connect to Sharepoint 2016 I have - Anonymous, Basic, Windows without impersonation or OAuth2 but again none of them works.

Is it something missing on my Sharepoint 2016 for this authentication types or should data gateway provide me some other authentication type?

BR,

GregaR

2 REPLIES 2
GregaR
Regular Visitor

It is on-prem. I only have "Windows without impresionation" but I get the error message:

"Failed to update data source credentials: The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid."

I am puzzled because I do not have any option to provide the credentials.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is that an on-premise sharepoint or sharepoint online?  For on-prem you would need to use windows auth.  For Sharepoint online you do not need a gateway (with caveats)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors