Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

WG-PBI
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded License

Hi,

I am the person that builds reports for my department using Power BI desktop, we were originally sharing reports by assigning individual pro licenses.

The number of users wanting to consume reports has grown and therefore my department head agreed that we would purchase an embedded license so that reports can be shared in a .net app built by developers in our data team.

We purchased an Embedded License for Power BI (EM1) which Microsoft have loaded to our Enterprise Sharing Agreement, the problem is our IT services team are logging into the portal and can only see Power BI Pro Licenses to be assigned to users - they cannot see the EM1 license/capacity we want to assign my workspaces/reports to.

Is anyone able to offer any guidance or point in the right direction with regard to this.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WG-PBI ,

There are some documents you could refer:

Manage Microsoft Power BI Premium capacities - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , 

Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You could also consider using a plug 'n' play white label solution like the Reporting Hub:  https://thereportinghub.com.  Deploys in minutes and no code required.   It allows you to take advantage of Power BI Embedded without the complexity.  It will also programatically manage your capacity so you only pay for what you use. 

See Also:

https://microsoft.github.io/PartnerResources/skilling/microsoft-partner-showcase/reportinghub

Azure Marketplace - Reporting Hub

WG-PBI
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much for this, it was Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn that helped our IT team create the embedded premium capacity which I could then assign our workspaces to - all working now which is great!

Was confused that:

• the v-core for the EM1 capacity was under the 'Power BI Premium' heading rather than 'Power BI Embedded'.
  • our global administrator needed their own pro license before they could configure this for us.
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WG-PBI ,

There are some documents you could refer:

Manage Microsoft Power BI Premium capacities - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , 

Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors