Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vini_udenia
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Embedded - Export as PDF

We are implemeting a button on our Web application to export the report as PDF. While we are able to capture the slicers applied by the end user (by using bookmarks) we are unable  to capture the parameters sent to the report from web app. We use parameters to implement data security and these parameter values are passed to the report from the application.

Currently we are using Export to file API.

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Great. What's your question?

My Query is: How to pass parameters to 'Export to file' api?

Currently it exports the entire content of report and not just what is being displayed to the user.

Example- User A selects 'Region A' on the application. The app passes the selected Region A, to the report as a parameter and report gets filtered. However, but while exporting PDF all data is exported and not just for Region A.

The API currently allows you to specify report pages and Bookmarks as parameters.  Individual filters are not yet supported (but are on the roadmap)

Thanks for your prompt response.

Are there are any workarounds that you can suggest?

We are implementing data security by using parameters, if those cannot be passed to the PDF output it will be a security breach. 

I think that exporting to PDF is a bigger security breach...

For now Bookmarks are your only option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors