Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

subh273

Power BI Data Gateway for Synapse (Private Endpoints) in VNet

In my current project, the data source for the Power BI reports is planned to be the processed data sitting in the Azure Synapse's Data store. 
The Synapse instance's internal modules will only be accessed through Private Endpoints and
The Synpase instance will be sitting in a VNet.

The client team has requested internal teams to provision a VM for Gateway installation and have asked me to provide a high level design to support the work.

Question: Would we still need a Power BI Data gateway for published reports to access Synapse data store?

I couldn't find much material online that explains this setup and I keep getting diverted to the VNet Data Gateway links.
​Appreciate any guidance or links on this.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @subh273 

You will not need to install a Gateway VM because the VNET is part of your Azure.

Here are more details: Manage virtual network (VNet) data gateways | Microsoft Docs

Use virtual network (VNet) data gateway and data sources in Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors