Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

SelfLearning123

Power BI Dashboard in Teams Not Reflecting SharePoint List Changes

Hello,

I have a Power BI dashboard that is connected to a SharePoint list. The dashboard is shared with my colleagues through Microsoft Teams. I’ve set up a flow in Power Automate to refresh the Power BI dataset whenever an item in the SharePoint list is modified. The refresh appears to be successful, but the changes are not reflected in the Power BI dashboards on Teams.

I’ve checked the workspace connection and ensured that I’m connecting to the correct workspace in Power BI. I’ve also tried clearing the cache by clicking on ‘Refresh’ on teams. I have a Power BI Pro account, so I don’t think that’s the issue.

I’m wondering if the problem might be that the dashboard isn’t being published after the dataset is refreshed. However, I’m not sure how to automate the publishing of the report. I’ve read that it’s possible to use the HTTP action in Power Automate to call the Power BI REST API to publish the report, but I’m not sure how to do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions for this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SelfLearning123 

Maybe you can check if your dashboard was created by "Pin a live page", in Power BI Service,  tiles are the snapshot of your data, if original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn't change. Please see: Dashboard tiles in Power BI. Then "Pin a live page" to a dashboard, this feature allows changes to reports to appear in the dashboard tile when the report page is refreshed. Please refer: Pin an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard.

Links of how to use http action in Power Automate:

How to use rest api in power Automate

HTTP actions reference - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Zhengdong Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-zhengdxu-msft 

Thank you for your response. I built the dashboard using Power BI Desktop, and from my understanding, the “Pin a Live Page” feature is not available in Power BI Desktop. Therefore, I don’t think that’s the reason why the changes are not reflecting in Microsoft Teams.

Regarding the use of the HTTP action in Power Automate to call the Power BI REST API, I appreciate your suggestion. However, I currently do not have an Azure subscription, which I think is required to use this feature. 

I’m still looking for a solution to automate the publishing of the report after the dataset is refreshed. If you have any further suggestions or guidance that doesn’t require an Azure subscription, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors