Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Frequent Visitor

Power BI Cloud Service - User Number

Hi All, 

Trying to get an understanding about the capacity of users that the MS Cloud Tenant can handle; I'm new to Power BI and Im using the cloud tenant - one report to be shared to a group. It's very efficent when I use it - when there's a large number of users accessing this report... is there any depedndancy on number of users accessing it?

I'm not looking at premium per capacity as of yet.... 

Steve

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @813712023 

if all the users are using the same report the report will cache the results, which in turn means it can scale to many 100's if not 1000's of users.

How many concurrent users are you looking to support?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Gilbert Q! Really at the start of this journey within my little corner. Really going to depend on user acceptance - when you say cache the results - is that for premium users? does the report have to be saved as a premium? does Pro users have the same benefit?

Hi @813712023 

The caching happens when queries come into the dataset and yes it does apply to both Power BI Pro and Power BI Premium and Premium per user.

Power BI Blog

5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Visitor

Thank you GilbertQ!!! This is giving me a lot more comfort about the app and where i can take it....especially when presenting to my more senior folks

Best Regards
Steve

Thanks for letting us know!

Power BI Blog

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Gilbert Q! Really at the start of this journey within my little corner. Really going to depend on user acceptance - when you say cache the results - is that for premium users? does the report have to be saved as a premium? does Pro users have the same benefit?

Hi @813712023 

The caching happens when queries come into the dataset and yes it does apply to both Power BI Pro and Power BI Premium and Premium per user.

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @813712023 

if all the users are using the same report the report will cache the results, which in turn means it can scale to many 100's if not 1000's of users.

How many concurrent users are you looking to support?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors