Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Auto Refresh for Visuals

Hi All,

I have created a Power BI Desktop report that is paired with a couple of SharePoint Lists as the data source. I also have the a PowerApps App connected to the same data and that is where the information is entered. My goal is to be able to display the information 24/7 on computer screens or TV's so that anyone who walks by could see the information. Currently I have published my report and set up auto refresh in Power BI Service but that only seems to refresh the dataset, not the actual report visuals. Is there anyway that I can configure my current setup so that someone does not have to manually click refresh when they walk by?

Thank you for any and all help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I would suggest using the Power BI Windows App. this will allow the app to rotate through the reports. Each time the report loads it would then reload the data showing the updated data.

Power BI Windows app has new look (preview)! | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

What storage mode are you using in your model?

Import mode is not supported, needs to be direct query or one of the other options in the table in the documentation (which may be an issue if you have to use Sharepoint list as a source)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-automatic-page-refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to use SharePoint Lists. So that means Power BI Windows App will not work for my case?

Could you use dataverse instead of SharePoint? it supports direct query I think.

If not, as a work around you can get software to robotise key stokes, we have used it in the past for display screens.

It would just press the refresh button at a set interval.

Something like https://download.cnet.com/RobotSoft-Key-Presser/3000-2094_4-75337975.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give the workaround a try. Thank you!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I would suggest using the Power BI Windows App. this will allow the app to rotate through the reports. Each time the report loads it would then reload the data showing the updated data.

Power BI Windows app has new look (preview)! | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors