Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JulienZH
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI App (new experience) - Not all dashboards showing up

Hi,

I was setting up a Power BI app for the first time with the new experience.

I add content - 5 dashboards. I publish. I click "All", since I'm an admin of the workspace, I'm supposed to see everything.

Only 3 dashboards out of 5 show up.

Why?

Set up

JulienZH_1-1663916726250.png

Result

JulienZH_0-1663917469265.png

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @JulienZH 

According to your description, when you update the app, the app doesn't show all the reports or dashboards.

You can try these methods to check:

(1)You can prioritize checking if the hidden button is turned on under the Audience module causing the content to be invisible.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1664156250372.png

(2)Apps can have a maximum of 200 dashboards.

If your report contains too many pages that may reach the limit of publishing, you can try publishing the report that is not displayed to other workspaces to try publishing the APP to check whether it is successful. If successful, the app limit may have been reached.

For more information, you can refer to this document:

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thanks for the heads up! It's an app I just created with 5 dashboards. I did make sure that the dashboards are visible to the corresponding audience.

After the last App update, everything's showing up, fortunately. But sounds like if I get that issue again I should rather raise a ticket to Microsoft, as it's some unexpected behavior.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem to me, I created two audience groups yesterday with different dashboards, everything was fine and today, I cannot see all dashboards, one is missing although checked it is visible in the setting, but not showing in app even update and refresh many times! So strange. Great if it can be answered. Thanks.

Haven't yet created a ticket, but again not working properly. It's not that urgent in my case, I was just hoping for a fix since it's a new feature and they might already be aware of the problem. "Good" to see I'm not the ony one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following up, in my case, my dashboard in mew audience group and All appeared on the first day when created them, then disappeared on the second day, then turned up on the 3rd day, and now 4th day, they are disappeared again, seems very unstable of this new feature. 

Hi , @JulienZH 

I'm glad your app is now showing off successfully, if you're still happen with this phenomenon.

If you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

JulienZH
Helper I
Helper I

Still having the issue. Randomly works, but mostly it doesn't.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI @JulienZH 

On the "Audience" tab for the App, check the eye symbol next to the Dashboard you can click it to change from visible to not visible.

Burningsuit_0-1663922093548.png

When you add items to an existing App, they are automatically set to "not visible" for every audience, and you need to change it for the selected Audience.

Hope this helps

Stuart

JulienZH_0-1663924231818.png

JulienZH_1-1663924341571.png

"Scorecard" & "GTO Packs" are still missing - they should be visible for the selected audience on the screenshot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors