Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tasberywood

Power BI App in the browser showing as blank

Hi All,

I am having an issue with the app in the browser showing no data despite the undelying dataset, report and dashboards all appearing fine indiviually.

I created numerous dashboards from the source report and then enabled them all on the app which I then published. However no one in my organisation can see any of these dashboards when they access the app.

Has anyone come across this before or do you have any suggestions about how I could resolve it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Tasberywood ,

Looking at the screenshot, your App should contain only dashboards, according to the documentation you must also add associated reports for the dashboards in the app to display visuals.

In the workspace list view, decide which dashboards and reports you want to Include in app.

If you choose not to include a report that has a related dashboard, you see a warning next to the report. You can still publish the app, but the related dashboard won't have the tiles from that report.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#publish-your-ap... 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tasberywood 

Can you confirm that the users can view other reports?

Also can you make sure that the users have the right licenses to view the reports/data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ 

I can confirm other people can see other reports and that everyone has permission to view reports, they are all set as viewers and I am an admin..we all have the same issue.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tasberywood ,

Is this occurring in all browsers?  Is it for all the users, including the admin?  Is there no error or other message at all?

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq 

I have tried it originally in Edge and then in chrome and get the same issue, the first time I logged into Chrome it came up with a message stating there was no data however when i tried to replicate the message it just did the same as Edge and not state anything.

I am an admin user but others as standard users get the same issue.

Hey @Tasberywood ,

To clarify, are you stating that the browser window is blank and there is nothing, no navigation and no report?  Or, are you saying that the navigation and report are appearing but the visual(s) are just empty?

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq 

The navigation and report are appearing but the visuals are empty.

When i tested it on Chrome I get the attached message (I don't get it on Edge)Screenshot 2022-01-13 061510.pngScreenshot 2022-01-13 061534.png and then the screen looks like the other image attached.

All the dashboards are present and can be viewed individually with no issues

Hi @Tasberywood ,

Looking at the screenshot, your App should contain only dashboards, according to the documentation you must also add associated reports for the dashboards in the app to display visuals.

In the workspace list view, decide which dashboards and reports you want to Include in app.

If you choose not to include a report that has a related dashboard, you see a warning next to the report. You can still publish the app, but the related dashboard won't have the tiles from that report.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#publish-your-ap... 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-kkf-msft 

That was the issue, I have now published the app correctly.

Thanks

Tim

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors