Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RajCZ
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Admin-Access to all workspaces

as a Power BI administrator, I need to able to access all Power BI workspaces and all contents inside Power BI in the tenant.

I know it is possible to gain access workspace by workspace by using "Admin portal" --> "Workspaces" --> click on desired workspace "..." and grant myself access. 

But this sounds more like a manual and repeative work and doesn't make it easy for administration, because

1. I do not know when a new workspaces was created and it is manual work to add admins to each and every workspace

2. It also confuses workspace members that now there is also another person allowed to access their workspace (when they check the Access menu)

Is there any other way to gain access to workspaces(at least all public workspaces)

I tried powershell script, that loops through all workspaces and makes me admin of workspaces.

but since I don't even have minimum permission on workspace , so no workspace comes in loop.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
RajCZ
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, this way I can get workspace ids for other workspaces, eventhough I have to give permission one by one, is that right or I am missing something.

Thanks

RajCZ
Frequent Visitor

Hi Above script needs workspace id, since I don't have access to workspace, I can't get workspace id and again it's manual, one workspace at a time.

Brunner_BI
Super User
Super User

What do you want to do when you have access to 1.000 workspaces?

You give yourself access through another API call

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/groups-add-user-as-admin

There is a limit of 200 requests per hour for one tenant.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors