Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

GuyDel
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate "Export to pdf" error for a DirectQuery report

I have created a PowerBI report that has a direct query to a PowerBI dataset. This DirectQuery dataset itself combines information from an Excel file (located on a SharePoint site) and is connected to a Streaming dataset.

I tried using PowerAutomate to export the report page to pdf and I am getting an error. All the visuals of the page show the same error.

GuyDel_0-1694541535697.png

I tried the same PowerAutomate flow but on the original Streaming Dataset this time, and it works fine. I also tried to export manually to pdf directly from the Online Service, and it works fine (the report connected to the DirectQuery dataset). It seems that the conversion of of the Dataset connection mode to DirectQuery is breaking the "export to pdf" functionality.
This is exactly the same problem as reported in this issue and apparently adressed by @jeroenterheerdt 

The detailed business context is that I'm trying to send the report pages via email to users, who have previously submitted a Forms. The Forms information is retrieved and combined with other information (in Excel, mentioned earlier) to produced the report visuals which need to be sent to the person who submitted the Forms, hence the need to use a DirectQuery dataset (to make it live while combining information with a streaming dataset)

GuyDel_1-1694541793206.png

Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1
S_Davin

Also noticing this same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors